Sunday, June 24, 2018

Humble Pie

Another quilt is being worked on.  First is the applique border.  Even though this quilt has been machine quilted, I do like to stitch-in-the-ditch (SITD) by hand all around the pieces of applique.  This helps to anchor the applique and I think it looks better.   The arrow shows one side of the vine done and the other side has not been done.  Do you see the difference?  The other thing that I like to do is machine SITD the borders.  This also helps to define the overall look.

The LAer mentioned that she could custom quilt the applique, but this is something that I actually prefer to do myself. 
Isn't this stripe fabric devine?   There is enough left over to do a lap size quilt.  I should have bought more of it.  This fabric goes so well with my scrappy quilts.  Darn, darn, darn.
The binding is on and one side has been sewn down.
It will take me a few weeks to do the hand quilting SITD.  Don't worry, you will see the whole quilt later.  🐱🐱

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looking forward to seeing the whole quilt! Shame about the stripe......but there could be an even better one waiting, you know.

Nancy said...

Beautiful border! I love how light and bright the leaves are. And your applique work is so perfect. Too bad about the stripe. Maybe you can find more somewhere, if you know the manufacturer and pattern?

eloidastitches said...

Wow, the hand quilted SITD really does add so much. Thanks for sharing the photo and your thoughts. Something to think about for sure.