Thursday, April 26, 2018

Angles and Squares

Another quilt ..... another finish!  Oh, how happy am I to finally have this quilt done.

I really do need to thank my garage girl friends again and again and again for pushing me to get my quilts done by either me or by someone else.  They are so happy to see a finished quilt and that means my list is dwindling.  Any top that a LAer can do, off they go now.  No more hoarding with wishful thinking that it can be hand quilted.  Sadly, those days are fading into the sunset and only the special ones I hold onto in the hopes that I will do them myself continue to stay on the shelf.

Now, let's look at this quilt.  I fell in love with this design when it was first on the design wall and I can't believe how well it turned out.

This quilt started with a workshop that was given by Heather Stewart.  At the end of the class, Heather asked us to do something different with the final layout.  She did give us examples to get us started.

At the time, I was in the "star" mode and that is how stars appeared on this quilt.  Still love those stars!   The quilt is straight ... it is the photo taker (me) that can't get her act together!



Quilt details:
Started:  October 18, 2012 in a workshop presented by Heather Stewart
Top finished:  January 9, 2013
Quilt finished:  April 9, 2018

Top size:  67" x 83" (before quilting and washing:  70-1/4" x 86")
Batting:  polyester

Machine quilted (using Swiralot pattern) by Tella in Scarborough, Ontario.  I did add additional machine quilting on the diagonal lines and on the vertical and horizontal rows.  Using polyester batting made those areas too puffy and I just didn't like how they looked.  So, I took the time to fix the look and I'm so glad that I did.  Also, hand quilting was added around the stars and circles.  Why not, it is my quilt.

Label and sleeve on?  Tick and tick!

DONE!

What a glorious word.

Have a great day!

Linking to:  http://estheraliu.blogspot.ca/

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Done is indeed a glorious word - well done!

eloidastitches said...

You have such a great eye for, first of all selecting and buying such beautiful coloured fabrics and prints, and second of all, of combining them together!! Beautiful finish!! Congrats.

julieQ said...

Ooooo pretty!! A gorgeous finish, as all your quilts are. I am doing the same thing...weeding out my quilt tops, because I don't have enough days left to hand quilt them all.

Kyle said...

I really like how you split the design and added the stars. It's great. Quilting by check is always an acceptable method to finish a fantastic quilt.

Rebecca Grace said...

This is beautiful! Congratulations on finally finishing up this longstanding WIP!

cocoya said...

Oh what fun!! Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing. Already looking forward to your next post.

ทางเข้า D2BET