Friday, December 8, 2017

Baskets to keep me warm!

Outside, a snow storm is raging but I got me some baskets to keep me warm!  LOL  Another quilt is finished!  Oh, this was a lovely quilt to work on and there are quite a few baskets that were all hand appliqued. 
Eventually, some blue quilted pillows will be made to co-ordinate with this quilt and other quilts that are of the same fabrics.  These will do for now.


A few years ago, these baskets were quite the rage (original design is by Blackbirds).  Except, I did my own thing.  I found this basket on EQ7 and did a different border layout to make it my own.

Silly thing is .... I'm not really fond of baskets, but how in the world did I end up making a basket quilt?  Go figure that one out!  I guess when you see something on blog after blog after blog, the brain gets a subliminal message to make one too!  So, I did!!  Anyway, I'm glad that I did and this quilt will be much enjoyed.

Details:
Block name:  On-Point Tote Basket (from EQ7)
Block size:  finished 6" square placed on point
Quilt size: 96" wide x 95-3/4" long (top size before quilting: 101" x 101")
Date started:  June 2010
Date top finished:  January 2011
Date finished:  December 7, 2017 (again, this top sat on a shelf for way too long)
Machine quilted (edge-to-edge by Tella in Toronto.  Again, you worked your magic to bring this quilt alive!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Barbara said...

I love your basket quilt and how cute it looks on the bed. I've made about 40 of the baskets you mentioned in the post. I'm late to the party-I just started a few months ago but I've always wanted to make this quilt. I love how you set the edges and borders.

Frog Quilter said...

Love your baskets and the nine patch border blocks. Looks really nice on the bed and I'm sure it will keep you warm!

Julierose said...

Your basket quilt is just staggeringly beautiful...so many hours of work..lovely hugs, Julierose

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Great basket quilt and it looks marvelous on your bed!