Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Snowball quilt

I've been keeping up with my weekly snowball blocks that Temecula Quilt Company is hosting every week.  We are to make 8 light and 8 dark snowball blocks each week.
Right now, I'm slightly ahead of their schedule.  That is ok because if I miss a week or two, I'll be on schedule then.  This is only one half of the blocks laid out on my design wall.  The other squares are already cut out and just need to have the snowball bit done on them.
November and December months saw me busy making things.

Two mug rugs for a guild pot luck luncheon, which I had to miss since I threw my back out.
Two girl blankets for our local NICU.
Two boy blankets also for the NICU
Two pillow cases for a charity.
A Xmas ornament from a kit that was given out to us at night quilt guild.
Two QOV blocks that were in a kit.
 A doily runner for a niece.  My sister and I rummaged through our doilies that we each made plus some that our Mom made.  These runners are quite popular right now.
I sewed all the doilies together using my sewing machine and it worked out very well and it is nice and sturdy.  A lot of pins were used to keep the doilies in place and I did the sewing together in small sections.
Four adult clothing protective covers:
On a sad note, we said good-bye to our sweet Miss Ashes in early October.  She was just shy of 16 years.  We had her for 9 years and what delight and joy she brought to us.  So, no more pets now.  How different it is in the house without our two cats.  Oh well .... we were so lucky to have had them.
Christmas was wonderful, but busy ..... and it is so nice to have that behind us and now get ready to welcome in the new year.  What will I do this coming year?  Time will tell.

So to all, I wish you peace and joy for 2018!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the doiley runner, I hadn't heard of those.....you have given me an idea, I have quite a collection from my mother, grandmother and MIL.

quiltcat said...

oh, so schöne sachen hast du wieder gemacht. die idee mit den deckchen werde ich nachmachen, da ich auch eine ganze kiste davon habe. danke für die tolle idee.
wünsch dir ein tolles jahr 2018 und freue mich schon wieder zu sehen, was du alles tolles machst
lg elfriede

eloidastitches said...

You've been busy! Love your Snowball quilt (and all your little projects). You have such a knack for pairing colours, to make all your quilts look so cheerful, even a relatively simple design such as this one. Glad you had a nice Christmas, and I wish all the Best to you and yours in 2018 as well! Hope your back is on the mend.