Thursday, April 6, 2017

Fast or what?

While going through books and magazines to thin them out for donation, I came across this pattern in McCall's Quilting March/April 2015.  What a perfect pattern to use up my 2-1/2" scraps!
I started working on this on Mar.22 (I keep a journal, so I know when start dates happen).  A bout with a stomach bug that was going around had me grounded for a number of days.  Then I got back to working on the blocks on Mar. 29 (as per my camera date).  This photo was taken at 10:37 a.m. that morning.
Plugging away at it off and on that day, this was taken at 10:43 p.m. that night.  Holy scrap, this is fast ... fast for me, that is.   I can't believe how much got done in one day!
I thought the blocks were all made, but when I looked at the layout, I was short by 5 blocks.  My husband was in my studio when the shortage was discovered and he asked if I had enough fabric to make the remaining blocks.  Well .... I laughed until I almost chocked.  Did I have enough fabric?  LOL LOL LOL

Then, slowly the setting triangles, corners and flange got made and the rows sewn together.
A week later and borders are being auditioned.
My big scrap bin has reduced in size.  Bonus!  I have almost a top.  Double bonus!

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Raewyn said...

Wow what a beauty, made out of 'nothing'! Well done on the speedy make and the lovely top! (Hehe I like your husband's comment!)

Chookyblue...... said...

Omg your on fire.... Lovely to to......

Julie Fukuda said...

My tin of two-inch blocks has a very tight lid and this looks like a possible solution.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Very fun! You sure got this together in record time--and it's great to make a dent in the scrap pile!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Great scrappy quilt, and it grew so fast!