Sunday, April 19, 2015

Gumballs is spat out ..

Yep, I'm done chewing on this quilt .... it is finished!  Doing the happy dance!  Wheeeeee ..... 

I've been having a hard time trying to capture the true colour of this quilt.  This photo is so washed out... but this is the best I can do indoors.

The photo below was taken after 7:00 in the evening.  Same camera.  Total difference.  Too bright.  The real colour is in between the two.  Oh well.

My label ....
Quilt name:  Gumballs
Size: 60-1/2" x 84-1/4" (top size: 63-1/2" x 87-1/4" ... a loss of 3" all around once quilted, washed and dried)
Pattern Source: McCall's Quilting - April 2008 - Designer:  Deb Luttrell
Quilting:  Machine quilting and hand quilting.

This quilt was started on Sept. 10, 2014 .... top finished on Oct. 2, 2014 .... quilt finished on Apr. 16, 2015.  

This quilt is number 102 that I have done.  For me, that is a good number since a lot of my quilts are hand quilted.

So, with this quilt finished, there are only 26 more tops waiting to be quilted.  Only 26.  Yikes, that number sort of grew last year when I was on a mission to finish some PHD'S.

In my studio, my quilt rack got swapped out for a clear bin.  This way, that corner looks tidier and my projects are standing up shouting at me for their turn with thread and needle.  One day, my lovelies.  One day!

Have a great day!

8 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Funny what a camera does to fabrics.
Congratulations on the finish. That was no small goal and with wonderful results. I can't imagine so many waiting their turn.

Jennifer said...

Lovely......looking forward to seeing it! Sometimes it is very difficult to get a 'true' colour picture, green is the most difficult colour to make look good.

Julierose said...

Lovely finish! You have made SO MANY quilts--wow,,,hugs, Julierose

Vicki W said...

It's very pretty no matter the specific color! I love the quilt in on it?

Quilter Kathy said...

Good idea to wrap tops on bolt boards.
The quilting on Gumballs is just fabulous!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

It sounds like you have plenty tops to quilt--it would be sad to run out--lol. Your Gum Balls turned out very nice! I've always thought if I make one, it would be blue too!

Sue... said...

I love the quilting on the Gumball quilt, it's beautiful

Deb said...

great work RM your quilt is lovely and I see you have the perfect tree hugger!! nice way to show your quilt. one stitch at a time right!!