Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Concentration?

What concentration?  What can I say ... I saw this fabric and it spoke to me and I just had to start playing with it.
I just cut the fabric into squares to make a basket weave effect.  So effective and so easy, it is almost like cheating. 
Have I abandoned my other projects?  Nope,  they are still in my face and they are still being worked on.  This one sort of sneaked in!  :o)

However, I did stay focused long enough to finish two borders on my Gumball quilt.  Only one more to do and three circles in the centre section.

Some of you have wondered if it is a Baptist Fan that is being used?  Yes ... but cut off.  My blocks finish at 12" and the fan design is alternated every 6".  Makes for a total different look.  Again, at first, I wasn't sure if I would like this or not.  YES.   I'll definitely be using this design again.
Have a great day!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

What fun fabric......I don't blame you for using it for basket weave blocks, it works very well!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That does look so good xx

Sandra said...

Love the basket weave look to your newest project. I like the quilt design Baptist Fans too. Really looks great.

Raewyn said...

Love that 'cheater' fabric and what you're doing with it - very effective!! And lovely quilting, I haven't seen it done like that before.

sandi s said...

I love your basket weave pattern, the fabric is lovely! I have enjoyed seeing your quilting progress on your quilt. Super nice! Hugs,

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Neat fabric! I can see why you couldn't wait!

Kim said...

This fabric makes for a fast and fun project...of course you've probably got something up your sleeve to change this up, so, I'll stay tuned! Your hand quilting has reached the Master Quilter level - and then some. Wow!

Deb said...

Oh could i have fun with that fabric!! and nothing like a premade rail fence! you are motoring on your quilting!