Wednesday, November 21, 2012
We nearly lost Miss Hank to acute kidney failure. She has responded to treatment and her levels are almost back to normal (they were off the chart before). She is on a special diet for the next 6 weeks to make sure her kidneys are functioning OK. The cause ..... she probably ate some lily plants that were growing outdoors and lily plants are very toxic to cats.
In this photo (taken last year), her fur is beautiful .... not right now it isn't. She still has a way to go before recovering. When we brought her to the cat hospital, the vet didn't have much faith for her to pull through. Well, Miss Hank surprised everyone there. Let's hope that she does well with this new diet and return to being the adorable, playful cat that she is.
To all my American friends, have a Happy Thanksgiving.