Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Miss Hank

We nearly lost Miss Hank to acute kidney failure.  She has responded to treatment and her levels are almost back to normal (they were off the chart before).  She is on a special diet for the next 6 weeks to make sure her kidneys are functioning OK.  The cause ..... she probably ate some lily plants that were growing outdoors and lily plants are very toxic to cats.

 
In this photo (taken last year), her fur is beautiful .... not right now it isn't.  She still has a way to go before recovering.  When we brought her to the cat hospital, the vet didn't have much faith for her to pull through.  Well, Miss Hank surprised everyone there.  Let's hope that she does well with this new diet and return to being the adorable, playful cat that she is.
 
To all my American friends, have a Happy Thanksgiving.

10 comments:

Kirsty said...

It is amazing to me how much we can cope with until a pet gets sick. It is then that I tend to go to pieces. So glad for all of you that Miss Hank is responding to treatment and on the road back to being her usual beautiful self.

Julie Fukuda said...

One more thing to be thankful for. Blessings to you and Miss Hank.

Jennifer said...

Miss Hank, you look after yourself and keep away from those lilies!

hetty said...

So sorry to hear about Miss Hank's problems. We had a cat once who must have licked up some antifreeze from the driveway - at least that is what the vet thought. We almost lost him. The vet was not very optomistic. I had to inject saline just under his skin for many weeks. He was also on a special diet and medication. But he pulled through and lived another 3 years after that incident.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Glad Miss Hank is feeling better. Pets become such a part of the family.

*karendianne. said...

I am so, so sorry to read you've had to go thru this and incredibly grateful Miss Hank made it out of the crisis. Gosh friend, my heart really goes out to you. This is really stressful stuff. All my very best, *karendianne.

Rinoplasti said...

I found your website on google. It helped me do my research on this topic. I really learned alot from your site. Don't stop writing articles, because I would become lost!
Rinoplasti

Cathi said...

Oh, those wretched lilies! We had a scare with lilies one year with a kitty too -- I'm so glad Miss Hank is responding to treatment!

suz said...

I'm so happy to hear she's going to be alright.

burun estetigi said...

Get well soon dear...Keep sharing this type of news with us..
Burun Esteti─či