Thursday, November 29, 2012

Blog break and Miss Hank

I'll be taking a break from blogging and will return in the New Year.  There is just too much going on in my life right now and not much sewing.

Before, I go ... here is just a sneak of my progress with my Angles and Squares top. There is a navy blue border still to be sewn on, but this is it for now.  I'm very pleased with the way this has turned out. 

 
Here is a tip for those of you wanting to have your stripes going the same way (excuse my blurry shot)  for each HST block ....
 
When marking your blocks for HST, just have your lines drawn as shown below (on the cream squares). 


For those of you wondering about the status of Miss Hank .... well, I think this photo speaks for itself!  Miss Hank is back to being the dominant kittie and has put Miss Ashes back in her place with just a stare.
We still need to keep an eye on Miss Hank for any relapses and she will be going back to the vet's for tests in the new year.  Her fur is starting to have a beautiful shine once again.

Have a great day!

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a great pic of the kitties! So glad to hear Hank is continuing to improve. Your quilt layout is excellent, and very different from others I have seen using the same block.

not so zen -quilts in Paris said...

what a delicious quilt, unusual and elegant setting, ilove it, Will in Paris

Deb said...

Have a great holiday in your new home with your family RM!!
Love your new quilt! the stippy fabric really adds charm and movement..you have been busy.
Love Hank perched on your new/old stool!! LOL cute picture

*karendianne. said...

Love this a charming quilt you've got going here! I really like the way the eye moves and is drawn in to the cute stars.

What a great picture of Miss Hank, too. So glad you include her and Ashes being normal as normal can be. I'll be thinking of you thru this holiday season my friend. I hope to catch up with you soon. All my best, *karendianne.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love the way you used the striped fabric. Alittle extra thought, but well worth the effort. Have a great holiday.

Gail said...

Love the quilt - never seen this pattern before - lots of work. Love, love, love the cats and nice to see Miss Hank is doing well. Merry Christmas and thanks for a great blog.

hetty said...

Beautiful quilt, Rose Marie. Glad to see Miss Hank is back to normal. My Mimi has had a rough time of it lately, but this morning she was rolling around in a patch of sunshine on the living room floor. Enjoy your break and have a Merry Christmas!

Raewyn said...

Your quilt top is so lovely, I really like that you took the time to get the stripes uniform. It is a gorgeous design. So pleased Miss Hank is feeling so much better.
Best wishes for the festive season for you and your family. We will look forward to 'seeing' you again in the new year.

Cathi said...

I'm so glad to read that Miss Hank has recovered so nicely! Their fur is such a good indicator of their health.
Have a wonderful holiday season and enjoy your blog break.

Julie Fukuda said...

I like the way you get those stripes to behave ... and they are just lovely all together. Best wishes for the holidays and Hank's continued recovery.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your layout...it sparkles!

Unknown said...

I hope there is nothing serious going on. Merry Christmas my dear friend.

MARCIE said...

What great blocks and setting! Awesome! Glad your kitty is back in the game!