Thursday, May 17, 2012

Can we say ....

... Quilt Police?  Can you see how intense Miss Ashes is in checking out my hand quilting?  I'm sure she is even counting how many stitches I'm getting per inch!  :o) 

My hexagon quilt got started without using a lap frame (free hand) and after doing about 1/4 of the quilt, I decided it was too hard and have reverted back to using a quilt frame.  It doesn't hurt to try new methods to see if they work and it is not hard to then go back to what is comfortable.  It was something that I just had to try out.
In the evenings, after a day of packing boxes, it feels so good to just sit back and relax with some hand quilting.  It is a great stress buster.

With the house in an uproar with boxes all over the place, my hand quilting corner is just the place to give comfort to Miss Ashes and Miss Hank and they don't hesitate to join me.

Only a week and a half now before our move .... we are soooo busy!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Karen said...

This is so cute - I miss my Rodger. Where are you moving to?

Jennifer said...

Miss Ashes and Miss Hank may need some reassurance that they won't be packed in one of those boxes! Your quilting is lovely.

Deb said...

Those kitties sure know how to keep a quilter in line...get to work now no catterwalling till this quilt is done...maybe she thinks the treats are in your lap...LOL

Unknown said...

I think she is giving you a thumbs up!