Monday, May 14, 2012

Same .... but different .... a snag!

I've been trying to get another tutorial out for the quilt in the previous post ...... and have hit a snag.  After doing a bit of digging, lo and behold .... there is a pattern available for this quilt and since I don't want to infringe on copyright .... there will be no further tutorials for this quilt from me.

If you are interested, you can purchase the pattern from Marilou Designs.

Our version is slightly different, but the original cutting and sewing information is the same and this is where the copyright laws come into play.

Quite a number of you were very interested in this pattern and my tutorials and I'm sorry to disappoint you. 

4 comments:

Deb said...

totally understood, it is wonderful that you have so much respect for the designer. it is inexpensive and you can make more than one...i did

Jennifer said...

You are doing the right thing!

hetty said...

I totally understand and agree with you. I have already sewn several squares and two-inch units. I will continue with it and be on the look out for that pattern.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I appreciate you being cautious...but techniques can't be copyrighted ...they are a set of instructions like a recipes...if you are using your own words and images then you wouldn't be infringing...
If you were photocopying and distributing her pattern then you would be. Copyrights are so tricky these days so I can understand why you'd want to play it safe.