Monday, November 29, 2010

Hearts are going

This is the top that is going tomorrow morning to New Zealand. In my previous post, there is a link to the lady that is collecting heart blocks. I figured by the time my blocks are received, it might be a tad too late to do anything with them .... so that is why I decided to make them into a top to help speed up the quilting process. I hope that whoever receives this quilt finds some comfort during their time of sorrow.

My father worked in the mines for a very short time when my parents were first married. I know that he did not like going underground to work and thankfully he was able to find other work to support his growing family.

Top size: 39-1/2" x 55"

Have a great day!

14 comments:

MamaDaniel said...

pretty top u have here.. whoever received this will surely be happy.. :)

Chookyblue...... said...

the quilt is lovely.........

Kiera-Oona said...

Its such a heartwarming quilt top (no puns intended). I'm sure whomever recieves it will really appreciate it.

By Hoki Quilts said...

On behalf of those on the West Coast of NZ, thank you. We are living the next neighbouring town to Greymouth and believe me, when they say this disaster affects everyone on the Coast they are telling the truth.
Your top is just lovely and I'm sure a family menmber who has lost someone will feel the love that is donated - again, thankyou
hugs
Miche'le

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous Quilt and so very generous...I am sure it will be cherished...

Julie Fukuda said...

But, but, but, that was just a pile of hearts yesterday!!!Boy, when you decide to do something, you really go!
Great job!

Jennifer said...

That's a lovely top and I'm sure will be appreciated by its new owner - sad, though, that the need is there. Some of family were coal miners too.

Janet said...

That's such a kind and thoughtful gesture that I'm sure will be gratefully recieved.

Raewyn said...

That's really thoughtful of you and a gorgeous top. A group of us are going to put a quilt together too - one way that we quilters can show we care.

hetty said...

How did you do that so quickly? It's lovely. I'm sure that whoever receives it will be very pleased.

Julia said...

The quilt is lovely...I'm sure it will be much loved and comfort to someone..
Lovely gesture Rose Marie...Julia ♥

Shirley Goodwin said...

Thanks so much for making this, Rose Marie! I'm having a quiltathon this Friday & Saturday to get some local quilters to help put the quilts together - I hope!

Julie in the Barn said...

Lovely quilt. The recipient will be warmed by the love you put into it I'm sure.

Barb said...

how generous of you to give your time and talent.
I'm sure someone will love this little quilt.