Friday, October 1, 2010

Pumpkin time

Now that it is October, the time has come to gather up some pumpkins. I have a nice collection of different size pumpkins for display which will be put out soon. I need to change around my summer decorations for my fall decorations. I don't have many large fall wall hangings and decided it was time to make a pumpkin quilt.

Below are some of my pumpkins that I've made using the English Paper Piecing method. I cut out paper templates and basted them to my fabric.
This is what they look like once appliqued to fabric and contour lines on the pumpkins have been embroidered.
There will be only 25 blocks in this hanging .... so it won't be long before this hanging will be finished.
Have a great day!

18 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh this is SO cute! I grew Cinderella pumpkins this year, the flat funky looking ones, I will harvest 2 this weekend and put on my step. I need a door hanger made up like your pumkins. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

Susan said...

How delightful......... And it serves for all of the fall holidays from Halloween through Thanksgiving.

Perhaps a pumpkin pie could be in one of the blocks..........

zarina said...

what a neat idea. at the moment am not into appliqueing. Thought about it but looking at all those extra steps, maybe later.

Dolores said...

Looks like you're having fun with these.

*karendianne. said...

Oh my gosh how very neat!!! This is going to be really something else.

Quiltgal said...

They are so Cute.

Jennifer said...

Love the pumpkins! I have memories of the round orange ones we saw last year - have never seen them here.

Betsy said...

It looks great. I actually have that pattern and I was actually going to cut the fabric background this weekend,

Joanne said...

How cute! I'm working on pumpkins too - that time of the year.

Kiera-Oona said...

ohh! cute! You know its fall when everyone starts working on pumpkins

I started working on a crochet pumpkin vine today for hallowe'en decor

Julie Fukuda said...

With a haloween birthday, I am partial to pumpkins. Maybe one of those needs a jack-0-lantern smile?

Janet said...

Oh, I love, love love the pumpkins, it looks fabulous.

QuiltSue said...

They are brilliant. I love it. For any one who watched the last episode ever of Blackadder, my word verification today was "whibble"

Sew Create It - Jane said...

How cute are those pumpkins...I can't wait to see this project unfold.

Barb said...

love it and so fun for fall!
the colors are wonderful

MARCIE said...

How fun this quilt will be! Have fun with it!

Anonymous said...

how wonderfully Fall!

Carrie P. said...

What a fun quilt that will be. Love all the different shapes.