Friday, June 7, 2024

June Challenges

For the Chookshed Stitchers 2024 Challenge, #10 was pulled.

For #10, this is what I can work on:

NICU baby blankets

Gift or donation quilts or tops

Adult bibs

Adding hanging sleeves onto quilts

Frankenpiecing batting

QAYG Log Cabin blocks


I have chosen to work on my QAYG Log Cabin blocks and this is where I'm at right now.  There are 7 more blocks ready to work on.  All the strips and triangles have been cut out and ready to for paper piecing.  The quilting bit will be worked on later as I do want those for take along projects.


Then, I will get sleeves and labels onto these two quilts and have them ready for hanging at any time.


There is a gift quilt that I need to start working on ..... so that may or may not get started.  We'll see as time goes on.

For my binding challenge with no-blog Mary, this is what we are working on:

Mary's quilt to bind and repair.  Mary made this quilt for her daughter many, many years ago.  The backing needs replacing as well as the binding.  Her daughter doesn't want to give up on this quilt and I can understand why!  Mary said it probably would be easier to just make a new quilt .... but no way says the daughter.

My quilt will be this one.  It has been waiting in the closet for many years now and it is time to finish it.

My time has been busy dealing with Ridley.  He now has meds to help control his seizures.  There seems to be a pattern for the seizures.  One day he had 3 seizures and they started about 2 hrs. after he ate.  The vet did some tests and the results will be ready in about a week as the samples had to be sent away for analysis.  At least now with the meds, I can control the seizures.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

6 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

oh i love those log cabin blocks...it's a pattern i've saved in my someday binder and not sure i'll get to it, but thanks for the very pretty preview!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your binding challenge quilt is very pretty, definitely time for a finish. Happy stitching!

Jennifer said...

Poor Ridley....hope his health issues get sorted. Lovely to see that quilt from so many years ago is getting closer to being finished!

Kim said...

I would love too peek into your closet where all your lovely quilts await to be finished. Hoping Ridley's seizures get sorted. Wonderful that the medication is helping.

loulee said...

You're going to have a busy month.

dq said...

I hope Ridley's problems all get fixed.

You certainly have much to do, but it sounds like you will be able to get several done.