Monday, June 12, 2023

Circles of Red

Well ..... here is my circle quilt finished and ready for displaying along with my other red/neutral quilts for Canada Day (July 1).  I do like the diagonal effect you see when looking at this quilt.  It wasn't planned, but happy it turned out this way.


On the chair, can you see my unfinished hexie project?  This has stalled because I still don't know how to finish it.  It can stew for a while and then the light bulb will click on with an idea.

Quilt Details:

Source:  No pattern .... I just like making circle quilts!  If you look closer, this quilt is based on a nine patch block with the center square having a dark red fabric.

Block Size:  each circle square is a finished 3" or a 9" finished nine-patch block.  The circles are 2".

Started:  February 2023

Top Finished:  March 2023

Quilt Finished:  May 2023

Quilt Size:  45-1/2" x 63" (top size before quilting, washing and drying:  49" x 67")

Machine quilted by:  Kathy Wareham using Circle Meander quilt pattern.

Batting:  Hobbs 80/20 cotton/poly

For my binding, I ended up doing a scrappy binding and quite pleased with the way it turned out.  Three fabrics were used and strips of 22" in length were alternated for a pleasing effect.  I don't know why I haven't done this before?  Will it happen again .... absolutely.

Is there still lots of red fabrics in my stash ...... heck, yes!  Time to make a few more red/neutral quilts!

I’ve been having some strange emails lately.  Got one today saying I’ve been hacked and to pay up otherwise they would send a compromising video to all my contacts.  I could view the video by clicking onto a link.  No…… I will not do that!  So, in the event you get an email from me with a video attached, DON’T OPEN IT OR YOU COULD BE HACKED.  FAIR WARNING.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh - that is so good! It will look great displayed for July 1st, or indeed for any other time.

Kim said...

Wow, all those 2" circles! A beautiful quilt finish, Rose Marie. The circle meandering quilting design is perfect and what a good idea to use a scrappy binding. There has been an increase in dodgey emails of late. One has to have their wits about them.

cityquilter grace said...

Just beautiful rose marie!

Vicki W said...

It is so beautiful! It looks vintage, traditional and modern at the same time.

Kyle said...

Your circle quilt is lovely and the serendipitous effect of the backgrounds is great. Can't wait to see what your next red quilt will be.

Chookyblue...... said...

Catching up on the last month..... Congrats on your wedding anniversary......Bugger about the flooding...... Enjoy the cottage.... Beautiful quilt finished.....yippee.....

loulee said...

Lovely finished quilt.
I got a similar email which I also ignored.

Nancy said...

I really like how you've arranged the circles with dark backgrounds in the center of each nine-patch. Did you plan that from the beginning or did it evolve as you kept stitching circles? I think the wide, red, scrappy border works really well for this quilt, too. It's a great finish!