Sunday, March 26, 2023

Dilly Flowers

After a couple of weeks of appliqueing, my Dilly Flowers is a top!

So happy to have this done!  I've been busy frankenpiecing batting pieces for this top.  This is a lap size top, so pulling batting pieces for this is much easier than for a full size top.   My hubby asked why not use the roll of batting instead?  Smaller pieces just need to be used up first; otherwise, things will get out of control!  You all know how that is, don't you?  LOL

I just want to bring to your attention that the vine design is not mine.  It came from Shutterstock.com but changed it up to my liking by using different leaves and adding in dots.

Next up is this project.  This ufo was a guild challenge from a number of years ago.  Imagine my surprise to find nine blocks done instead of just six blocks!  These will become a wall hanging .... so not too much work involved.


This week, three deer came by for a visit looking for whatever they could munch on.  These two came and moved on rather quickly.  Seems like they couldn't find much to eat.
This smaller deer was busy tearing up something right at the roots.  I'm thinking that was a hosta and we all know how only a bit of that root will spring forth a plant.  So, not too worried.
Days later, replace that sunshine for snow .... we are having a snowstorm.  March is trying its' best to go out like a lion!
While we are dealing with snow, I'm also dealing with a case of shingles.  Very painful.  I could have sworn that my doctor gave me a needle for shingles.  Apparently not!

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Dilly flowers" is lovely! Your blocks will make a fun hanging. Shingles is not good, I have had it, it does eventually go but can leave you feeling weak for a while.

Deb said...

Snow Snow snow and love the wildlife in your backyard even though they are looking for your spring shoots!
Love your projects they are looking awesome I also saw that you are planning the sew a long with Chooky! me too..I think

How in the heck did you get shingles? well lets just say if you didn't pay 180 for the needle you didn't get it. I hope it is a mild case and goes away quickly it is contagious so be wary

Gretchen Weaver said...

Sorry you have the shingles, they can be very painful. I love the Dilly quilt, she so beautiful! These smaller quilts are perfect for using up the small pieces of batting. I look forward to seeing what you do with the 9 blocks, happy stitching!

Kim said...

Nice quilt finish. Sorry about the shingles, how painful! I did have my vaccines for this and fingers crossed it works. Feel better soon.

loulee said...

Lovely finished top. Your blue blocks look lovely. Sorry to read you have the shingles. I hope it's not too bad. Get well soon.

Vicki W said...

The snow is beautiful but I'm sure you are ready for some warmer weather! The quilt is beautiful and, yes, I agree that batting scraps can get totally out of control. I hope you feel better soon! I've heard of several people who had the vaccine but still got shingles so I'm not sure the point of the vaccine.

Kim said...

Shingles can be so painful. I hope you quickly recover. I would imagine the wildlife there are also ready to see the end of snow so the grass can begin to grow. Your Dilly Flowers is lovely. The vine at the top is a splendid touch...so pretty.

Chookyblue...... said...

Dilly flowers is lovely.... Goodluck quilting...... I'm behind I know but nearly be the end of the snow soon........ Take care..... Shingles is terrible