Monday, February 20, 2023

Quilts for Kids

Another Winding Trails top using the pattern by Karen Griska Quilts.  I'm on a roll making kids quilts.  This will be a donation quilt for a women's shelter in a neighbouring town.  Personally, I think it is ugly .... but a child will love it.  I'm anxious to see this quilted up because a quilt changes once quilted.  My LAer has just finished quilting it and it just needs to be picked up.

Now, this top I love.  Berry Smoothie by Villa Rosa Designs and it also will be going to the same place.  This top used up a chunk of fabric for each block and I will be using this pattern again and again.

While making this top, a second set of blocks were made and all that needs to be done is sew those blocks together to make another top ... and that is what will be done to get those blocks into a top and to the LAer and then to the shelter.

Both of these tops were squirrels ...... LOL.  It's a good thing when those squirrels get completed.

Love it when I'm on a roll ....

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

5 comments:

Kim said...

No ugly quilts here! Quilting and a good washing and drying to get them crinkly will change your mind. I already like the “ugly” quilt. I hope they provide comfort to someone who especially needs that right now.

loulee said...

As you say, someone will love your quilts. They will bring warmth and comfort at a time when it is needed most.

Kim said...

Kids will love both quilts. They will love all that happy colour and pattern. They will love that someone......you.....have given them a squishy, quilty hug filled with kindness.

Jennifer said...

I like both those quilts - but the second design, I really like. Well done!

Kyle said...

Good job using up some fabric. I do like the second one better. It looks like a good repeat type of pattern.