Friday, July 1, 2022

July 1 Red/Neutral Quilts

I just love changing out my display quilts each season/month.  For our Canada Day (July 1) it is time for red/neutral quilts to be out on display.

Oh my, what a collection I now have!!!  Six quilts ..... so far ....

In our foyer .... on the wall is my Snowball nine patch and over the railing is a tumbler quilt from a 2015 Leader-Ender challenge with Bonnie Hunter.
One wall in our dining room .... this quilt that is hanging up needs a binding (which will be chosen soon for no-blog Mary and my monthly binding challenge) ......  this quilt is my design called "Gingham Swirl"
A close-up of the quilt (my design of Presents Galore) on the quilt rack .....
The second wall in our dining room .... my version of Scrappy Majestic Mountains by Bonnie Hunter
A different view of the foyer quilts .....
My version of Red Sampler (sew-along with Lori Holt) on one wall in our living room .... with a peek of a foyer quilt ....
Another peek at the foyer quilts .....
What a pleasure it has been to make all these quilts.  Some are my design, some are adaptations of sew-alongs.  Whatever the source .... it has been fun making them.

To my fellow Canadians ..... sit back and enjoy our celebration of Canada Day and our freedom.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

Best wishes for Canada Day! I love your display of red quilts.

Kim said...

You certainly do have quite the collection of red and white quilts! All are gorgeous!

dutchcomfort said...

Happy Canada Day Rose Marie! Your quilts are all so beautiful!

karenbbsnow said...

They are all stunning. Happy Canada Day!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Thank you for the quilt show! I love all your red & white quilts or red & cream quilts, they're all beautiful! Happy stitching!

Chantal said...

Wonderful quilts! Love the border on Gingham Swirl. I don't recall ever seeing this border before and it must have been quite a challenge to do but wow! It was worth it. ;^)

loulee said...

Wonderful quilts, it's nice to see so many hanging in your home.
Enjoy Canada Day.

Kyle said...

Happy Canada Day 🇨🇦 Your quilts are beautiful. Having them on display is amazing. It takes time to stitch such an awesome collection. It's a tribute to all your fine stitching. I'm sure there will more added as time goes on.

Florida Farm Girl said...

Oh, I love every one of these quilts! They are amazing. Happy Canada Day to you and yours.

Deb said...

So beautiful , and what a lovely idea change up more often! Hope you had a great day in our gorgeous country. Stay safe and sew on !

cityquilter grace said...

you certainly have canada day well represented....so many beautiful red quilts...i tend to shy away from red fearful of bleeding but apparently you have a secret!

Chookyblue...... said...

all the quilts look beautiful hanging up...