Wednesday, June 29, 2022

June Binding Challenge

Well ..... no-blog Mary and I met our binding challenge again for June!

She finished her monster quilt!  So, so cute!

Me .... I finished my "Xmas Stars" quilt a few days before the deadline!  I've been cutting it close the past two months and I need to change it up for July.  This only took me a day to do as the quilt is not very large.  More on this quilt on another post.

Our perennial garden has been blooming with different plants the past few weeks.  Here are what was blooming then.  The blooms just come and go so quickly and if I'm not quick for photos, they are done until next year.  Some perennials can be deadheaded to keep blooming and others .... come and go.





DH was telling me this morning that the deer ate our neighbour's hostas.  Ours are still here because of the dryer sheets that were stuck onto sticks and placed around the tulips and hostas and so far .... fingers crossed ....

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

5 comments:

Kyle said...

Another binding off thr list. Your terraced garden is lovely. Having continuing blooming plants is not easy to achieve. Hadn't heard about the dryer sheets. Hopefully, they'll continue to keep the deer from munching.

Kyle said...

Another binding off thr list. Your terraced garden is lovely. Having continuing blooming plants is not easy to achieve. Hadn't heard about the dryer sheets. Hopefully, they'll continue to keep the deer from munching.

Jennifer said...

Mary's monster quilt is fun! Your Christmas Stars is ready just in time, only six months go to.....lol It's lovely to see your garden in bloom; some plants I recognise as they are grown here, others not so much.

Chookyblue...... said...

the garden is looking pretty at present...........I did get a baby quilt bound but I have yet to share pics.........

Chookyblue...... said...

oh and congrats to both of your on your quilts.......