Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Cottage Days

My sister and I were recently at our family cottage for a few days.  The weather had warmed up a tad and the rain finally stopped allowing us to take a trip out.  We are extremely grateful for the rain because our area has been quite dry and we were fearful of some forest fires breaking out.

While out there, the hummingbirds kept us entertained by the hour.   You can just barely see a tail on the left hand side of the feeder.  They come and go so quickly.  We have two feeders hanging off our screened in porch and the birds had our heads going back and forth.  Too funny!

An oldie, but goodie ufo got pulled out and worked on.  These are the last two leaf blocks to do and then the corner stones are up next.  More on this later as this is my next ufo to finish up.  If you are impatient, you can go to my label (at the bottom of this post) called "Almost Amish" and scroll through my posts on them.
Oh dear, I may have started a new project!  LOL  
Lastly, hubby and I got our second Pfizer vaccine shot!  Now, all members of our family (except one)  are fully vaccinated.  We will still continue to wear our masks and keep our distance when out in public and amongst others that we don't know.  This covid is not over yet.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

5 comments:

julieQ said...

Love your dottie quilt!! Yes, it is not over...we are up again at our hospital!! 15 new cases!

Kyle said...

Love the circles.

eloidastitches said...

The weather sure has been crazy this summer, temperatures up, temperatures down, then temperatures up, and so on. ...and then there is the dry dryness... We are finally getting a decent amount of rain, ...but the temps are downright cool again. I am glad you were able to spend some enjoyable time at the cottage. I enjoyed seeing what you are up to now. Lots of colour therapy!!

Jennifer said...

Love those green leaves - very summery against a blue sky. Oh no, not a new project......that's not like you! lol Cottage time is always good time.

Chookyblue...... said...

so pleased you had a lovely time at the cottage.........
I see some of the fires in Canada and USA hvae been bad on the news here........
I got my second pfizer this week also so very please I am vaccinated but not taking risks........covid is far from over.......and there is still a chance we can get it.......