Saturday, June 26, 2021

Sashings done!

All the applique sashings are now done!  Yippee!

Just three big blocks and four smaller blocks and this top will be done.

Here are a few close-ups of my border blocks.  Rail fence blocks beside the sashings and the same fabric beside the smaller blocks.  
In the corners are sixteen patch blocks.
Altogether, I'm very pleased with my version and I did take some liberties with the blocks!

This morning, hubby and I took a walk around our hill garden and one side of our home.  We are having rainy weather for the next several days and the rain last night took a beating on our plants.  Another couple of weeks and our gardens will be in full bloom.  The frost and cool temps we had earlier this month took it's toll on some plants that we didn't cover, but there is always next year.
Moss on bricks .... love that!  My hubby is always trying to scrape the moss off, but I love it as the moss gives an interesting look to the patio.


This is the view from our kitchen patio door.  What a treat to see the humming birds at the feeder.
Cherish your day, cherish your life!

6 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Another beautiful red & white quilt to join all the other lovelies. Your quilt has turned out so nice, I like the changes you've made. Happy stitching!

Jennifer said...

Your quilt will be finished before you know it! How lovely to see your 'summer' garden - it's very pretty. Just one thing about the moss, it can get quite slippery underfoot......so tread carefully.

Nancy said...

What a beauty of a quilt! I love it! I especially love the applique in the sashings.
I like to see moss on bricks, too, or anywhere, for that matter. Your patio (or wherever your bricks are) must get plenty of shade.

Kyle said...

Your garden is beautiful and so colorful. I vote for the moss on the bricks. It softens the edges. Your quilt is beautiful too.

Deb said...

Your quilt looks fantastic i love samplers and the variety and your garden is spectacular

Chookyblue...... said...

you quilt sure does look great with the sashing and you have been very busy with all that.......hope the weather is kind to the garden now.......
wow seeing all your red quilts hanging together would be so cool.......