Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Change in plans

My next UFO to work on is a red/neutral quilt based on the quilt below that I made back in August 2019.  It is called American Wildflowers that appeared in McCall's Quilting March/April 2015 magazine.  I loved working on this quilt and the blocks make up really quickly.

My original plan was to do the pattern but in scrappy reds but it wasn't turning out according to my vision.  Nope, I do not like how it is turning out.   There are umpteen number of blocks already made and I have to do something with them.
So, Plan B it is.  So far, it may change but I sort of like the look of this.  It will have a herringbone look.  We'll see if it stays as is or changes yet again.
Well, scratch that idea too!  I sort of liked the look but it wasn't turning out ok.
Onto Plan C.  Perhaps better third time around?  Nope ..... there is something bugging me about those red/white blocks.  Can you see it?  Onto Plan D.
Wear a mask, wash your hands, keep your distance, don't gather.  When it is your turn to get a vaccine shot, please step up and get it.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Plan D reminds me of Christmas boxes!

karenbbsnow said...

Plan D gets the prize, awesome!

julieQ said...

I like your last one a lot...but I like them all!!! Very fun to play with fabric, isn't it??

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Rose Marie, I so enjoy your posts. Love how you share your process and thoughts. You always come to the just right conclusions it seems as every finish is wonderful. I'm about to start Audrey's tulips...so enjoyed yours!

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.