Saturday, October 10, 2020

Chevron Log Cabin

This afternoon, the leaves are swirling around in the wind; the sky is ugly.  A cold front is moving in.  Tonight we are expecting -2C (28.4F).  We could have snow on the ground in the morning. 

I took advantage of a break before the temperature starts to drop and took photos of my latest quilt finish.

"Chevron Log Cabin".  I sure loved making this quilt.  A combination of printed and solid fabrics were used.

What the sun and tree shadows does to a photo?  It takes on a whole different look!
It was windy and the top of the quilt had to be rearranged twice.
Quilt Details:
Pattern Source: Fon's & Porter's Love of Quilting ebook.  Way back in 2013, I was approached by Fons and Porter to review their ebook called "Build Your Best Log Cabin".  This is the pattern that immediately caught my eye and I just knew that pattern had to be made.
Top started:  Febuary 2013
Top Finished:  December 2018
Quilt Finished:  October 2020
Quilt size:  89" x 89-3/4" (top size before quilting, washing and drying:  90-1/2" x 90-1/2")
Batting:  Hobbs polyester
Machine quilted by:  Kathy of Kat's Quilts using Baptist Fan Feathers from My Creative Stitches

DONE!  Such a happy word!

This weekend is our Canadian Thanksgiving.  It will not be our usual dinner celebration affair.  A niece has already dropped off cooked turkey and gravy (thank you Nicole).  I just need to add potatoes and veggies and that will be our supper tonight.

To my fellow Canadians, however you celebrate ..... do it safely!

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

Linking to:  https://quiltingpatch.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Beautiful quilt.

Chookyblue...... said...

A beautiful quilt.... The light does play colour games..... Is the snow a bit early?

Jennifer said...

I remember seeing that quilt! The second photo - the one with more shade - makes the colours look richer and deeper, and I love your tree colours.

karenbbsnow said...

So colourful, a very pretty quilt. Those are fun blocks to make, love the scrappiness.

Kim said...

All in good time, a gorgeous quilt is born! This does look like a fun quilt to piece. The colors are pretty and Baptist fan is a nice quilt motif for this one. Has the snow moved in? Minnesota is cooling down and it’s time to rake up those pretty autumn leaves to prepare for winter.

Teresa said...

Its beautiful. I would love to make one in a baby quilt size for a new mom expecting her little boy in February. I have been looking in my 2013 Love of Quilting magazines for the pattern. Do you know by any chance what magazine it was in? I found one called Chasing Chevrons that is similar but not quite the same. Looking at your quilt, it looks like would sewed the blocks into rows that run diagonally. Is that right?

Kyle said...

Your Chevron Log Cabin photographed beautifully. It is a happy quilt. Happy Thanksgiving.

Verveine&Lin said...

C'est une merveille, bravo !