Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Another finish!

With the cooler weather, binding is going on.  My queue of quilts waiting for binding is starting to dwindle down.




This quilt was started way back in November 2005 from a pattern called "Liz's Super Star" from Fons & Porter magazine but with a change.  

Well as per usual, only two blocks were made and the project got shelved and stayed shelved for 15 years.  Lots of the big and small HST's were made back then, so all I had to do was start assembling more blocks once the bin got pulled and dusted off in January 2020.  Again, I got bored and decided to change things up by making crazy blocks and doing a sweet charm square borders to make the quilt bed size.

Nowadays, it is very hard for me to follow a pattern from someone's else design.  I just have to create my own version.  That is so much more fun for me!

I can easily make another quilt like this one (I still have tons of HST's leftover), with changes already dancing around in my brain.

Quilt Details:

Started:  November 2005 

Top finished:  February, 2020

Quilt finished:  September 2020

Quilt size:  56-1/2" x 76-1/2" (top size before quilting, washing and drying:  60-1/2" x 80-1/2")

Batting:  Hobbs 80/20 polyester/cotton

Machine quilted by:  Kathy of Kat's Quilts

This quilt will be the perfect companion for this quilt:

These two quilts will be going out to our cottage for the bunk beds.  Perfect!

Another quilt has been pulled and binding fabric has been found in my stash.  Guess there will be another finish coming soon.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I understand perfectly when you say this project was shelved for 15 years! I've just finished a memory quilt from a trip we too to England back in 2008! Good things take time, they say.
P.S. Your finally finished quilt is fabulous!

Jennifer said...

A finish is good, especially when it's as good as this one is - and now you have twins! I can see the colours changing in the background......

Kigwit said...

I love the scrappy-ness of this quilt. And after 15 years WOW.

karenbbsnow said...

I love the borders on both quilts, and the scrappiness is gorgeous. What colour is the darker background?

Florida Farm Girl said...

Oh, I really like these two quilts. The colors call to me.

Kyle said...

All those happy colors are so excited to be beautiful finishes!!