Saturday, April 11, 2020

Sew much .... oops .... squirrel!

Sew much is getting done these days, I can't stand it!   No, I lie .... my ufo's are getting dealt with and that makes me very happy.  My sister asked me if I was bored.  I laughed.  Me bored?  Not a chance.  It is just the getting out and shopping that disturbs me but we have to do it smartly and just stay at home.

So, I work away.  In my happy place. 

My apple cores are done and inner borders are on.  Just pondering the outside borders.  The top border will have applique.
Then, a squirrel came along!  There are so many corona virus sew-alongs going on, but I didn't want to make any.  Oh, I so resisted! 

I got thinking about my scraps.  There are just too many to leave them in bins.  After pulling out my bins and bags of scraps, I decided to do something with them.  They were dumped into this huge under-the-bed tray that was bought from IKEA many years ago.  It keeps the scraps under control while rooting through them.  Why not make a hexie quilt?  Sure, why not!  LOL
There will be three panels of hexagons with applique borders between the sections.  A great way to use up those scraps.  It will be interesting to see how many scrap bins there will be after doing this quilt.  "My Corona Flowers". 
Every piece of scrap will be used, even if they have to be pieced together.  These are my odd hexagon shapes.
They fit in quite nicely and add a touch of interest.
Oh, the things we do to amuse us.  It is better to keep my hands busy, otherwise, I would be eating everything in sight.  LOL

Spring quilts have been put out for display around the house.  It is tulip time.  A couple tulip quilts.   It just feels good to make a change to our lives.  Any change is good.


We did have 1" of snow on the ground yesterday, but it didn't stay.  Tulips are starting to sprout from the ground.  It will be a while before the blooms show up.  Guess this would be a good time to put out dryer sheets around on our hill to stop the deer from munching on those tulips.  Last year was the first time we tried it and it worked.  No plants were harmed by the deer.

Cherish your day!  Cherish your life!

4 comments:

Moccasin Creek Quilts said...

I have serious tulip envy. I especially love the first one!

Jennifer said...

Your home looks very spring-like, with your flowery quilts around! A new project, and hexies too.......well, well, why am I not surprised? LOL

Kyle said...

Your blog title got me smiling right off. Then I saw all those hexies you've started and even the pieced ones! Wow! Your tulip quilts a sweet breath of fresh spring air. (We're expecting snow and freezing temperatures tonight)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Small PIECED hexies?!?! I've never seen that done before. SEW much added interest in your quilt project!