Saturday, January 6, 2018

Snowballs and hexies

I'm pleased to say that my snowball blocks are coming along nicely.  After buying my new iron, a bunch got done.  Only three more blocks on the bottom to do and this side is done.  I'm debating whether to add two more rows or not to the length.  The additional rows will enable this quilt to go from a lap size to twin bed size.  We will see.
My hexie project has grown in the last few days.  This photo was taken on Jan. 1.
 This photo was taken on Jan. 4.
This photo was taken today Jan. 6.  What a difference a few days make!
 These will be my border fabrics.  Love that paisley fabric.
So, while it has been brutally cold up here in the Great White North, I have been hunkering down in my studio and sewing up a storm.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

You've been sewing snowballs while it's been snowing......how good is that! Those hexies are coming along very well, and I recognise the border fabric......I have some in (surprise) green, a pretty aqua.

Teresa said...

The snowball quilt just captures the eye and holds it there. Love the quilt.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That’s lovely ❤️

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Love how you are setting your hexies--very pretty!