Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Ten .... ten .... ten .... ten

Ten years!  Today marks my 10th year of blogging.  Ten years.  Holy scrap, where did the time go?  Really, I can't have blogged for 10 years?  Really?

Yes, I checked.  Feb. 22, 2007 is when I first started.  Here is my first post.  Short and sweet.  LOL.  Lordy, but I have come a long way in my writing and posting.

I remember that day.  I was so nervous to actually be starting a blog.  Would there be enough to talk about?  Would anyone read my posts?  Well .... yes to both questions.

Last month, my page views were:  20,289
Page views all time history:  570,968+

Thank you to all my followers (442 last checked).  Thank you to all my readers that keep coming back to check out what I've been up to.

What actually drove me to start my blog all those years ago?  To help other quilters.  I would leave a comment on their blog to describe how to solve their problem.  But how many people would that comment reach?  Start a blog and talk about these issues.  So, that is how my blog came to be.   Many tips and tutorials have been given throughout these years.  When someone had a problem, I was able to help them out and do a post about it.  If I had a problem and was able to solve it, then a post could help others as well.

So much has happened in 10 years.  I won't bore you with all the details.  You can go through my blog and see for yourself.  Mind you, it will take a bit of time.  :o)

How much longer will I blog?  As long as I can and as long as there is something to write about.  At some point in time, my eyes and fingers will start to give out on me and that is when my quilting life will start to slow down.  This is not being pessimistic, this is reality.

So, what am I working on on this 10th year of blogging?  Applique, of course.  Right now, I am so obsessed with Antique Sampler (by Sue Daley).    I can't seem to stop working on it.  This pattern has so much to offer.  EPP and applique combined.  Perfect choice for me.
I had a question on where to buy this pattern.  Just Google Sue Daley quilt patterns and links will show up where you can buy them.  My pattern came from a shop in Australia.

The other thing that has consumed me over the years is EPP (English Paper Piecing).  Many tops/quilts have been made using this method.  I'm still amazed how this method has creeped into my life.  There is always one EPP project on the go for take alongs on trips and to the cottage.

This EPP is from a photo that I saw in a magazine and the rest is history.  The pattern was figured out and away I went with it.  This will be worked on until it is time to go to the cottage where all those pieces will be sewn together.  Lovely days are coming.
Ten years.  A lot has happened in my life in 10 years.  It is nice to go back to past posts and reflect on those days.

Life is good!

Have a great sewing day!

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Life is indeed good! I love how those two quilts are coming along.

Ali Honey said...

Congratulations. 10 years...well done.

Michele T said...

Wow!! That's awesome!!! Congratulations 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

A ten year anniversary in anything is wonderful and especially a blog. You now have a marvelous record of all your stitching and bits of life. Love your projects. I am doing some applique and EPP right now as well. So Continued Happy Stitching to you!

Julie Fukuda said...

Happy anniversary! It may be different as to how we get started but the friendships made along the way have been worth the journey.
Thanks for your many inspiring posts over the years

Anonymous said...

Ten years is an amazing milestone! Congratulations on your commitment to quilting, sharing shortcuts and pointers with others, appliqué and english paper piecing.

Rebecca said...

Congratulations!!!

Mary Ann said...

Congratulations to you!! Oh keep on blogging as I have really enjoyed your posts. I can't remember when I found your blog but oh my a whole new world opened up to me with all the blogs I follow!! I am not a blogger myself but am an avid quilter. Love, love my quilting journey. survivor972002@midco.net

Chookyblue...... said...

You stayed 3 days after me and I was nervous as hell writing that first post and hiting publish... .
Happy blog birthday and looking forward to many more.......

eloidastitches said...

Wow. Congratulations on your 10 year Anniversary. I, for one, am very happy you started, and continue. Love seeing what you are up to, and have learned many tips. Thank you so much!!