Friday, October 24, 2014

Post Retreat

Well, my retreat has come and gone .... and as a newbie .... I now know what goes on there.  You know the saying:  "what goes on at retreats, stays at retreats".

It was fun.  There was a lot of laughter.  Surprising, not a lot of talking.  A room full of women .... not a lot of talking?   Something was amiss.   There was a wonderful combo of quilters from different areas of the province.  A lot of new faces to me.

There was a lot of inspiration!  It was so interesting to walk around the room and take a peek at projects being worked on.  That was a good way to meet new people and strike up a conversation.

Even the wildlife was curious.  My friend, no-blog Mary, looked out the window and spotted a squirrel.  It wanted to see what we were all doing!
 Doesn't no-blog Mary have an interesting T-shirt?  She was working on tumblers. 
At times, the room would empty of a number of people, and a stroll to the lobby would find them catching up on emails, etc.

Each evening, after dinner, would find us all back at our projects until 8:00 p.m. and some stayed even later.   This was hard for me.  I'm just not used to sitting at my sewing machine for hours on end.
We even had a mother and daughter in attendance.
The show of finished tops and quilts was spectacular.  Unfortunately, I didn't catch all the projects that got done.  Here are just a few.


Every surface of the room got used.  Anyone passing by added their two cents into the placement of circles onto this top.
What did I work on?  Well, this top below.  Do you remember how hard I have been working on switching the white sashing to the blue sashing?  Well, it was finally done and I took it with me to remove the background fabric from behind all the applique.  Not all got done, but most was removed.  I had to be especially careful with my scissors as it was so easy to be distracted.  A glass of wine and scissors is not a good combination.  Luckily, I knew when to stay 'stop' to myself and it got carefully folded up and put away.
Six protective clothing bibs were made.
The bottom left section of apple cores got sewn onto the upper section.   More apple cores got basted for another section.
But .... all my main projects in this container got left behind on my sewing table at home.  Duh, that was so stupid of me.  Still, I did manage to keep myself busy.
So, what else is on my bucket list?

Have a great day!

5 comments:

Barb said...

looks like an amazing place to have a quilting retreat - lots of talent and nice projects!!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Wow everyone looks so busy. Some beautiful results too!

Janet said...

If there wasn't much talking that must mean there was a lot of sewing going on. There are some lovely projects there. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

QuiltSue said...

Sounds like you had a good time. There was certainly some interesting work being produced from the look of it.

Chookyblue...... said...

retreats are always wonderful.......