Sunday, August 25, 2013

Cottage results

Switching from hand quilting to hand piecing at the cottage has resulted in another section of my D046 project being made.  I'm getting close to having 3/4 of the top done.  I just need to make more EPP pieces to work with and I can continue once more on this project.

Can you see the black squiggy line and the section below it?  That is the part that was recently done.
I've been thinking of a title and I just can't keep calling it D046!  :o)  Since most of the work has been done at the cottage, something along that line is what it will eventually be called.

When borders start showing up in my photos, that is a good sign that I'm still inspired to complete this top.

A special visitor (as in quilty) is arriving later today and there will be more about her visit to share.

Have a great day!

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is so pretty, it's like a cottage garden! Enjoy your time with your 'special visitor', and say hello to her from me.

Frog Quilter said...

ThIs quilt is SO SOOTHING!

Created by Kathi said...

Love the quilt top you are working on... I wish I could piece as well as you do... such precision and love in your work! Do you suggest and certain tutorial on epp? Thanks! Love your blog posts btw :) Kathi

Julie Fukuda said...

I'm loving it so far. It's so fresh and pretty.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous...

QuiltSue said...

What a lovely quilt. The colours are gorgeous.

Grit said...

This quilt is so amazing. Looks so wonderful.

Karendianne said...

How great with your visitor. Excited for you.

Thanks for sharing all that you've accomplished. You're enjoying this one for sure.

Teresa Rawson said...

Oooo...I'm really loving this project! I cut out a hand piecing project LAST summer and have done very little on it. You are inspiring me to put a few pieces in a baggie with a needle and thread...having it by the door is the only way I will ever hope to get something done on it, LOL...
Good luck on getting it to the border stage (don't you just love projects that slow cook?).

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

antique quilter said...

the quilt is beautiful already its going to be amazing when its done, keep going!
Kathie