Thursday, August 4, 2011

TATW

Whenever I'm in need of instant gratification, a Trip Around The World pattern always draws me in. Don't get me wrong, I do love all the applique quilts that have been started and are all in different stages of completion; but sometimes, I just need something easy to do.

When I started looking at my photos of TATW quilts, it amazed me to see how many of these quilts were done using this pattern. Gosh, when did that happen? They are so easy to do and they keep adding up.

This yellow/blue/green quilt was my first one. This quilt gets hung up around this time of year in our dining room. It says 'summer' to me. This pink/green/teal blue/purple quilt was made for my Mom.

This bright quilt was made for donation to my niece's school to help pay for a school trip.

A change in the design resulted in this version and it was given as a wedding present. This quilt made me step outside the box and I will have to play around with more versions like this one.

This lap size quilt is currently being machine quilted and is intended for our cottage. This will be perfect to cuddle under during the cool evenings and mornings on the porch.

And, of course, I just had to start a new one! :o) A few weeks ago, there was a sale in a town not too far from where I live and the daisy border fabric and the blue fabric was purchased for $3.00/metre. At that price, they just couldn't be passed up and are perfect for my new quilt. Oh, happy days.

There are two more of these quilts in planning stages and a tutorial that is being worked on. I'm not the only one that has to make this pattern ... the more the merrier! :o)


I even asked DH for his 5 favourite colours: blue, red, yellow, bright green and turquoise.


Have a great day!

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a good idea to use up stash....the fabrics you bought some time ago because you loved them, but don't care for them anymore......they all look good in the mix!

Lesly said...

How funny! I just came inside from taking photos of my TATW in progress and read your post! Love yours! Isn't it the fastest quilt ever?

quiltercaroline said...

I love the quilts - I have never done one but have it at the top of the quilts I want to make. The alternative one you gave as a wedding present is stunning - did you have a pattern or just made it up yourself? May you have many more happy 'trips'.

Ellen said...

They all look great! I am looking forward to the tutorial.

hetty gruener said...

Wonderful TAW quilts. I looked forlornly at my TAW this morning as I packed my machine up to take it in to get it repaired.

Janet said...

I think it's a truly great classic, all lovely witht individual looks too.

Latane Barton said...

Rose Marie, those are great. I made one Trip Around the World, didn't know what i was doing and I ended up hating it. But, yours are beautiful. Guess it just goes to show that you need to know what you are doing before you start!!

Judy said...

It's a classic quilt design that has a lot of appeal. Thanks for sharing your wonderful quilts with us!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I really like the TATW quilt design as well - it is fun to make, quick and easy, and makes such a striking quilt. That alternative layout intrigues me as well.