Saturday, August 27, 2011

This still needs a name ....

While on my break, some time was spent at our cottage far north of Toronto. No ..... this is not our cottage!!! :o) This is a wood shed (for storing wood and anything else that can be used in the future for repairs, etc.) that my Dad built over 45 yrs. ago and it is still standing; albeit with a slight lean to the right. Is this not the perfect place for a photo op or what? I brought along this project to work on and after sewing on a number of verticals rows, I wondered what my top would look like draped over the door to the shed. A closer view of the blocks and don't you just love the scrappiness that is going on here? For the borders, perhaps a plain white border will be perfect and help to give the eye a place to rest.


Coming back to the title .... I still haven't come up with a name yet. While at our cottage, I should have taken a photo of our floor as part of this block is in the floor pattern. So, that being the case, this top will need to have the word cottage in it. Ymmm ... will have to do a bit of thinking on this.


Now, for those of you in the path of Hurricane Irene ..... stay safe! Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

16 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Beautiful!!
Cottage tile?

Annette said...

I LOVE your quilt. Awesome! I'm sure the perfect name will come to mind.

Jennifer said...

Well, isn't that quilt pretty! And I love the little shed, like many old sheds here it has such character. We were driving out in the country this morning and passed your shed's twin.

QuiltSue said...

Whatever you call it, it looks great.

LintLady said...

Hello Rose Marie,
to me it just looks like cottage comfort. I bet it will become a nice snuggly quilt at the end.
Greatings from Germany, :o) Doris

Janet said...

What a great idea for a quilt photo, love the shed with character. The quilt looks divine. Let us know when you've hit on a name for it. I can't come up with anything.

Donna said...

I definitely vote for a light border. It was the whole "restful eyes" that got me!

Quilter Kathy said...

This is wonderful...perfect place for a photo op!

Barb said...

Naming quits is a challenge in itself, isn't it?
I love the photo shoot on the shed. The quilt and the shed are beautiful!

Teresa said...

Love the photograph and the quilt. I like your idea of the white border.

Beertje Zonn said...

I Love your quilt!

Beertje Zonn

Jeanne said...

I love it! And it sure dresses up the wood shed. :-)

Anonymous said...

"Woodshed scraps"?? beautiful quilt and shed.

*karendianne. said...

Mmmm. I enjoyed this read. Sweet to know how old this little shed is. It definitely is a great spot for quilt photos. This quilt is going to look great with a white border work for sure!!! Good luck with the name. I hope you've come up with something spiffy by now!

Ulla said...

Hi! Greetings from the other side of the world, from Finland! I love this quilt! The colours are fantastic! Congratulations! I am happy to find your blog! You are very good quilter! Have a nice day!
Yours, Ulla

Julia said...

Love this quilt...looks great on the ols shed.
Julia ♥