Thursday, September 24, 2009

Finish 3?

Are you up for a challenge? Finn is having another finish up some UFO’s by New Year’s Eve challenge. Last year she had this same challenge and I finished a couple of oldies but goodies …. and I have joined her again this year and will commit to finishing three. On the left is my Dresdan Plate (this quilt was part of last year's challenge and it never got done). Just need to do some more machine quilting in the blocks and something in the borders. Have you guessed applique? Score 100 points! :o)

On the right is my siggy swap quilt that I participated in this past spring. The centre has been machine quilted and only the borders remain to be done and they will have some hand quilting.

In case you are wondering ..... yes, I mix machine quilting and hand quilting together on my quilts and I love the look.

This little hanging needs something in the centre and a light bulb will go on at some point. This is a return favour to a lady down under and I need to get this done and mailed to her before the snow flies.

So, these are my three quilts that I hope to have done by New Year's Eve! Wish me luck! :o)

Have a great day!

14 comments:

Lurline said...

Of, course they will be finished - love the siggy block quilt!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Sew Create It - Jane said...

You've gotten further than I have with your signature blocks...they look great! (I recognised mine in the picture!! LOL)

Janet said...

I'm going to cheer you on. I see no problem with mixing the quilting up a bit. I love that siggy quilt.

Carrie P. said...

I am sure you will accomplish your goal.I love the siggy quilt. It is like one I am participating in now.

*karendianne. said...

I like what you've selected to work on. A much better choice than what I picked (nothing). Interesting to note you mix hand & machine quilting. Very cool! (ps: Kanga is inquiring about Hank and Ashes, you know how kitty can be!)

retdairyqueen said...

JUST FOUND YOUR BLOG I ENJOYED MY VISIT AND LOVED YOUR QUILTS

Unknown said...

I am sure you will finish this.

Finn said...

Hi Rose Marie, I have you listed *VBS* Thanks for deciding to stitch along with us again..it's such fun to have the company. Love your projects! And for the record, I often combine machine quilting with hand quilting and sometimes with tying or utility quilting. They are our quilts after all, and we can do as we like. Hugs, Finn

julieQ said...

Wow, good for you! Love the projects you have selected. I like to use machine quilting to secure the long seams/axis of the the quilt, and then add hand quilting. Fun!

Wendy said...

Have fun with your challenge. Deadlines always make me work faster.

Cathi said...

I'll cheer you on too! All those quilts look wonderful! It will be fun to watch your progress.

Teresa said...

Good luck on your challenge. I find life challenging enough these days without having more to challenge me. I often combine machine and handquilting and I too love the look of it.

Unknown said...

I often do hand quilting in the places where it will show and machine quilting where not so noticable.

Jeannette said...

You are one serious and unique quilter..thnaks for the prowl on your pretty and upbeat blog.