Saturday, December 20, 2008

More blocks and some charms

More blocks from my Baltimore style quilt. There are lots of appliqué and hand quilting to look at in these blocks.

My source for these blocks came from:

Top – Belle Fleur – Quiltmaker.com (quilting motif)
Middle – original block that I designed (no name given to it)
Bottom – Feather Dash – McCall’s Quilting magazine, October 2001 issue (variation of the original block)





On another note, Quilting Gallery (the blog where most of us are all registered with) is looking for 5” charms to be made into charity quilts. Go here to read more about it if you are interested in helping out. Deadline for mailing is Dec.31,2008.

I’ve already sent in one batch of charms and have another batch ready to go. I just dipped into my 5” strips that are already cut to size and just cut off whatever I needed to send. There is a drawing with these charms, but I asked that if I won the draw to not have any of the charms sent to me; instead keep them to be made into quilts.

Have a great day!

9 comments:

loulee1 said...

Those blocks look lovely.

Brenda said...

Your blocks are beautiful.

Anne Ida said...

Oh, your blocks are absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for the inspiration!

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

Lovely blocks Rose Marie. Before I never liked Baltimore style quilts but seeing these beautiful blocks I am changing my mind.

Karl said...

3 more beautiful blocks. Merry Christmas.

Guðrún said...

It is me that commented as Karl, sorry I used the wrong account.

julieQ said...

They are absolutely beautiful!!! I am so loving watching these blocks appear!

Carrie P. said...

Your applique work is just lovely. I really like your round robin block too. That quilt is awesome.

Karen said...

Love the blocks. Merry Christmas!