Thursday, August 31, 2023

August Binding Challenge

My quilt for August was finished well before the month ended and here it is.

 "Dilly Flowers"

A few close-ups of a few flowers, the quilting design and the applique border.



Quilt Details:

Source:  Designer Elise Baek from English Paper Piecing Society on Facebook.  The applique section was found on Shutterstock and adapted to suit my look.

Started:  February 2022

Top Finished:  March 2023

Quilt Finished:  August 2023

Quilt Size:  59-1/2" x 74-1/2" (top size before quilting, washing and drying:  61-3/4" x 78")

Batting:  Hobbs 80/20 cotton poly batting

Machine quilted by:  Kathy Wareham using "Lucky" quilting design by Christy Dillon from My Creative Stitches.

Now, you are probably wondering what my friend no-blog Mary has been up besides vacationing .... well she made a dress for herself!  She had 3 men's shirts and decided to do something with them.  Mary is so good at thinking outside the box and I absolutely love her new dress!

For September, my pick for binding will be this quilt.  I would like to have it on my bed come this fall.  Speaking of fall ..... leaves have been changing already.  Daytime temps are normal but morning temps are a little bit on the cool side.

Lately, while helping to babysit a couple of grand nieces, the 7 yr. old asked me "why did you dye your hair white!"  Hummmmm .... can you imagine how that question cracked me up!!!  LOL

My red/white hexie top is finished and photos will be following on that one soon as well as what my next UFO will be to come off the shelf. 

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

3 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

love dilly flowers and inquiring minds want to know...how DO you do that....LOL!

loulee said...

Love the dilli flowers and great to see the churndash again, I love your version of it, enjoy the binding process.
I'm really looking forward to seeing your red hexies as a finished top and hope it gets it's binding soon too.

Florida Farm Girl said...

I'm loving Dilly Flower. I've tried EPP but its just not talking to me so it doesn't get touched much. I do admire looking at it though.