Sunday, April 24, 2022

Getting stuff moving along!

There are only have a few more days left this month to get the binding done on my April challenge quilt!  This is the home stretch.  After this, there will be a sleeve and a label to add to complete the challenge.

Much progress has been made on my "Dilly Flower".
Everything right of the zig-zag line is completed.  All the flowers that have the pink paper on them means that the background hexie has been prepped but not sewn together.  A bit more cutting and basting on the other flowers are still to be done, but I'm so pleased on how well this project has come along.
I'm still aiming to get this UFO completed before month end.  Better get cracking on that!  There truly is not much work to do to complete this top.  All I have to do is concentrate on those two star blocks in the border.  The rest of the blocks in the border have already been done.
I foresee some tie-dying in my future.  A grand niece wants tie-dyed bed sheets and since there is a kit in my stash ..... fun time ahead.  I've never done tie-dying before, so this will be an adventure for sure.
On the Covid issue ..... I did not get it from my niece.  My sister and her family are all doing ok now.   My grand niece's Covid fingers are slowly improving.   But ..... I may have been exposed again to my quilting garage friend who has tested positive.  So, I'm in the wait and see and isolate mode.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

6 comments:

Deb said...

Oh boy! you never know where it will hit I hope she gets better soon! I love the binding you are using it is so striking! I used to go the YWCA when I was very very young and we used to tie die T-Shirts it was great fun. Have a big tub!!

loulee said...

I remember tie dyeing at school. It was fun, I haven't done any since. Have fun with yours.
Your Dilly quilt is looking sew pretty. Good luck getting your projects completed by the end of the month.

Jennifer said...

Fingers crossed all is well for you! Well done on the binding, and on the other quilts. They will be finished before you know it.

Kim said...

Your Dilly quilt is just lovely. As for tie dying, it is always fun to see the patterns and colours that eventuate. Have fun. Fingers crossed you remain Covid-free.

Chookyblue...... said...

goodluck with that binding.......I am working on another one...........attached two more this afternoon ready to stitch down........
Hope you remain covid free..........goodluck working on those other projects also......

cityquilter grace said...

so sorry to hear you had covid and then exposed again! yikes...love those hexies...