Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Busy, busy!

I've been busy lately.  A few projects got borders on and are now at the LAer.  I'll be getting them back in a few weeks.

First up .... this "I Spy" top.  It was in strips for quite some time and after a few days of concentration, viola a completed top.

Then, my "Xmas Stars" finally got the last two borders on.  It is not really what I wanted, but I'm happy with my decision.  This top is also with the LAer as well.

It feels good to get a few more projects off the shelf.

So far, Covid has not visited me.  Today is day 12 and still no symptoms and when tested, it came back negative.

My sister was not so lucky.  She says it is like a very bad cold.  Hopefully, the antibodies from the two vaccinations she received will help her.

Soon, it will be the start of cottage season.  There is still too much snow on our property to venture in.  A neighbour did the trek, got stuck in one place and took photos and sent them to my brother.  Yep, way too much snow there.  Whereas, where I live, the snow has mostly melted except where there is a lot of shade.  Tulips are starting to venture out of the ground and soon, I will put down some dryer sheets where my tulips are growing so that the deer don't come by and munch on them.  The deer do not like the dryer sheets and they have worked for me for a few years now since I first read about that tip.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

9 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

So good to see Xmas stars ready to be quilted.....
I sent a few tops off to be quilted on the weekend.......
Hope your sister is ok......

Chookyblue...... said...

Oh and enjoy spring coming to life......

Jennifer said...

Tulips are so pretty, it's a bit too warm for them to grow here....but they will grow an hour north, where it's cooler. Well done on the tops!

Kim said...

Xmas Stars is a beauty. Wonderful the tulips are beginning to pop up. It seems the deer can decimate a garden in an instant.

Kyle said...

Two more tops sewn and done. The Christmas stars will be more than ready come December

cityquilter grace said...

gosh rosemarie all such pretty projects...love the christmas stars and the new blues too! sorry didn't get to chat on zoom...bad behavior from cable company...grrr!

dutchcomfort said...

Pretty quilt-tops Rose-Marie! Nothing feels better than getting quilt-tops done! Happy Easter!

loulee said...

Two lovely quilt tops.

eloidastitches said...

So glad to hear that you did not get covid. I hope your sister will get through it quickly and with no lasting effects. I hope the rest of your family has recovered as well. Good for you keeping up the momentum in getting your quilts finished!