Friday, November 13, 2020

A bit of progress!

I've been doing a bit of sewing lately and progress has been done on my newest project.  All the hour glass blocks are done and now I'm working on the stars or wheels.  I'm doing something outside the box and those stars are going to go right out into the border.  I'm excited to see how this will turn out!

Update with my sister and her cancer.  After her last treatment next month, her oncologist is going to release her from the treatment program and she will be dealing with her family doctor going forward.  He is very pleased with her results and this is a man of few words.  Good news, for sure!

I just dropped her off for her IV treatment this morning and will be back to help her later this afternoon.  Stew is already in the slow cooker and tea biscuits will be made later for supper.

My days are busy with her and helping out as much as I can.

So, a day in my studio is most welcome.

Here in Canada, we had our Thanksgiving mid-October and we are now seeing a spike in Covid cases.   Today, across Canada, our new cases are 4981.   The health experts say it is the family gatherings that are the spreaders of the virus.   Family gatherings and travel are not good to do right now.  For those of you in the U.S.A., think about that and don't gather or travel.  My husband and I have already decided that we will not gather for Xmas or New Year's.  Our health are more important now so that we can enjoy family later when Covid is not an issue.  We wear masks and keep our distance and stay away from crowds.

Cherish your day, cherish your life!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

That is good news about your sister - you must all be very relieved! Love your new header pic too, the colours are lovely. Our town is in the fortunate position of having no cases of covid since April but people are still being careful, although very few wear masks (myself included, I don't like the feeling of being suffocated). It is, of course, a different story in bigger cities.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your quilts are always so innovative, I don't always see where you're going but they turn out lovely! It was my turn to host the extended family for Christmas this year, I already cancelled that the first of October and gave them the date for 2021. There will only be 6 of us for Thanksgiving dinner, our local son and his children. The covid numbers are skyrocketing here in our county, the highest numbers in the state of Indiana, much worse than any of the big cities in the state. So many people refuse to take the pandemic seriously. We just stay home and do our own thing, just waiting for the vaccine. I'm sewing up a storm with all my time at home. Happy stitching!

Kyle said...

Love where your quilt is heading. Your sister is very fortunate to have you close by. Glad to hear her treatment has been successful. That's a positive to focus on.

Mayleen said...

Your quilt top is looking lovely! In Kansas where we live, we are having a high spike of Covid. We're having a quiet Thanksgiving with only our daughter's family coming. Our family includes the "elderly" and "health compromised" and while none of us has been diagnosed with Covid, it has changed our lives. We still have much to be thankful for!