Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Cassandra's Circle - Block 2

I'm keeping up with this free BOM and have block 2 done.

There was an issue with the placement for me and whatever I tried, it just didn't work for me.   This is just one layout that a photo was taken of.  Those yellow leaves just didn't work.  The fabric was reused to make circles and the leaf pattern was adjusted and reused.
So, without further ado, my version came along and viola .... block is done!
Here we have blocks 1 and 2 on my design wall.  There will be sashings to break them up.  The blue background fabric will be used for the 18" blocks.  The white is used in the center medallion and will also be used for the borders.  Different shades of cheddar and greens will be used along with my Shweshwe fabrics.
These blocks have been safely tucked away in a bin until the end of this month when the next pattern is available.

Another ufo has been pulled out to work on and that is what I'm going to be doing today.

Cherish your day!

4 comments:

eloidastitches said...

Absolutely Love what you have done with these two blocks. Beautiful colour choices as well. It is going to be gorgeous.

Kyle said...

Clove your interpretation of block 2! It was a lot more interest and seems more balanced.

Jennifer said...

Love those touches of gold and green! When yours is done it will be "Rose Marie's Circle" - not "Cassandra's Circle", yours will be unique.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I like your version of the block better than the original. Both blocks are lovely. Happy stitching!