Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Binding and more binding!

My hexagon wall hanging is all finished now.  Just need to cut the correct size rod and I can show you the final quilt hanging.  In the meantime, here is a sneak peek of my progress this week.

Binding got cut out and sewn onto the quilt.  Look at all that hand quilting!  Oh my!  My hands hurt like heck, but it was so worth it!  There are a few more smaller tops that will be brought out and basted for more hand quilting as I quite enjoyed the process.  I tried a massage gizmo that will be great for my hands after each session of hand quilting.  The before and after was amazing and with that gizmo, I feel confident of doing more hand quilting.
Once the binding was on, I couldn't stop myself until it was all done.  Sleeve and label went on next.
Next up in the binding cue is this Xmas quilt!  Love it!  There will be photos of three finished quilts to show you soon.
To round out my week, these items are all due for a couple coats of Varethane.  Chairs and cabinets.  The quilt rack you see will get transformed to white.  Just waiting for another nice day to spray paint.
We have had a few cool mornings and our daytime temps are in the mid-teen's.  Our gas fireplace has come on to give us a bit of heat in the morning.  Autumn is making it's presence known once again.

Have a great day!

Linking to:
http://www.esthersquiltblog.com/
https://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Roe Marie, what intense and beautiful hand quilting you have done. Can’t wait to see the Christmas quilt too. Happy Stitching!

Kyle said...

Nothing really can compare to a hand quilted quilt, but it can be painful as you've found out.
All of your furniture redos are fabulous.

Jennifer said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I love how those chairs match the quilt backing, too - how cool is that? Oh yes, I remember those trees, that is a fun design. Any signs of leaves turning yet?

Rebecca said...

I have to say that seeing this quilt and how it grew has my mind bopping all over the place with an idea for a wall hanging!.. Thank you for the inspiration ( I think thank you, is what I mean) vbg

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh my that is chilly for temps. I agree that hand quilting was well worth it and I am so glad that you have found a way to tolerate the stitching.

Teresa said...

Your hexagon quilt is so sweet and well done, I love the blue check binding. And to mention blue - those chairs look great!

eloidastitches said...

I love the look of hand quilting, so what better way to compliment all that beautiful embroidery? A fabulous finish! What kind of "gizmo" did you use for your hands? I am intrigued. I am still working on hand quilting a quilt, and would like to do another one. I am starting to get some arthritis in my hands as well, so I would love to know what you are using. Love the Christmas quilt, and am looking forward to seeing a picture of it complete.