Wednesday, September 18, 2019

An old fashion garden!

That is the title of my hexie wallhanging.   I kept looking at it hanging on the wall and thought "what should it be called"?  It has the look of something old fashion from a long time ago period.  Bingo.

The sign just above the quilt was made by my niece.  I think carbon paper was used tracing the words/quilt block onto the wood and then she painted it afterwards.  I love it and how perfect to display with my quilts that were started and completed by moi!
Here are some close-ups.

Hand quilting (shown in shadow from the hall light).

Quilt details:
Leftover hexagons from another quilt.
Embroidery source:  "Beautiful Botanicals" by Deborah Kemball
The sheets that are in the book are huge and I just laid my top on top of the sheet and traced using Crayola Washable Markers.  It was easy to see through the fabric to do the tracing.  After washing, all the markings came out.
Size:  40" x 47" (before washing and drying:  40-1/2" x 48")  After washing, the wall hanging was blocked (using pins) onto a styrofoam board and left to dry.
DMC embroidery threads were used.
Started:  July 2010
Finished:  September 2019

What a treasure to finally have this UFO done!  A lot of work and a lot of hours went into the making of the quilt.

DONE.  A lovely word!

Have a great day!

Linking to:
http://www.esthersquiltblog.com/
https://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

eloidastitches said...

Wow, what an amazing amount of embroidery! Gorgeous finish.

Jennifer said...

Yes, it took a while......but it worth the wait, it's a beautiful quilt! So glad I was able to see it!

julieQ said...

Your artistry shows itself again. Lovely! Bravo!

CountryGal said...

That is lovely and your embroidery is exquisite! Well DONE!

Rebecca said...

Purfect... I was going to ask about the embroidery work on this quilt today...