Monday, August 19, 2019

Wildflowers

Another quilt done .... yippee!!

My husband has been working hard on our terraced hill flower beds since we moved here seven years ago.  I drool over fabulous photos shown on blogs and on Pinterest and often wish that I had someplace nice too.  Well .... duh .... I do have a fabulous spot up the hill in our backyard now.
DH is holding the quilt.  Thanks Hon!
How about in the tree?  Oh yes!  I'm so glad that I persevered and put the applique in those setting triangle spaces.  The pattern did not have them, but the top just didn't look finished to me.

DH has often said that I should put a bigger quilt on this wall in our living room.  I always said 'no' too big would not look nice.  So, instead over the years only smaller wall hangings were hung there.  One day, I decided to take his advise and put up bigger quilts and they do look ok after all. 😻😻
Quilt Details:
Name of Quilt:  "Wildflowers"
Pattern Source:  "American Wildflowers" quilt by Audrey Hiers, McCall's Quilting Mar/Apr. 2015
Block size:  10"
Started:  March 2017
Top Finished:  July 2017
Quilt Finished:  August 2019
Quilt Size:  72" x 87" (top size before quilting, washing and drying:  73" x 89")
Batting:  Hobbs 80/20 cotton/polyester
Machine Quilted by:  Kat's Quilts

What else am I up to these days?  More spray painting.  This cabinet is about to get changed over to white.  A lot of sanding has been going on.  This is the time of year that is perfect to do these jobs and I'm taking advantage of the weather while I can.
There are other things that are being worked on, but that will be for another day.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

The hill is a lovely post for photographs, especially with a leafy tree as a prop! Love that quilt, it suits your wall very well and definitely isn't too big.

Kyle said...

A beautiful backdrop for your lovely quilts.