Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Last bit to do ....

I'm trying to get this last section of embroidery done for this top and it is slowly getting there.
Here is a better look at that last section.
The photos don't do my work justice .... because it is absolutely beautiful in person.  Soon, my lovely, soon you will be done and then hand quilting can start.
Not much has been happening lately in my studio.  Too busy with other things.  It is nearly the end of May and cottage time will take me away from my studio.  Hand work will come with me and slowly over the summer months you will see what gets done during this time.

But .... there is always a but, isn't there?  In going through my scraps, if a large piece (6"+) is found, then 6" x 6" squares are cut out and made into these blocks.  I'm just making rows of blocks.  Maybe these rows will be in the same quilt and maybe not.  These will be made into donation quilts.  I'm just making them and putting them in a bin for later.  Pattern is called Winding Trails by Karen Griska.
Oh, and I'm also working on two secret projects which cannot be revealed until much later.  So, I guess I am working on more than first thought.  LOL

Next week, my sister, her youngest daughter and I will be off for a week in Costa Rica.  We have never been there and we are so looking forward to sun and hot temperatures.  It has been a very long winter and a wet spring.

Have a great day!

Linking to:
http://www.esthersquiltblog.com/
http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Not many more stitches to go now and your beautiful top will be done! It certainly looks different to when I saw it. Winding Trails looks like a good scrapbuster, for sure!