Thursday, April 4, 2019

This and That ....

Not much quilting has been going on this week.  I've been busy cleaning my studio and adjacent bedroom.

During the process, didn't two ufo's surface!  Darn, where did they come from?  They weren't on my ufo list.

Red and white blocks from a workshop that Carla Alexiuk (http://www.quiltingbytheriver.ca/) did last year at our day guild.  I really need to continue making more blocks before everything is forgotten that she taught us.
More red and white blocks.  These are on my design wall and this will be worked on.   These two ufo's need to be worked on at the same time because they use the same fabrics and better to work on them together and then clean up the mess.
After doing a bit of cleaning, my ironing station has been set up again and my quilt rack is back up on my wall.  Just in a different location.
This was my old set up which I absolutely loved.  Sadly, it got dismantled because .....
.... this is my newest acquisition.  Later this spring, it will be sanded and painted white and then I can start filling it up with quilts for display and storage.  This is part of my five-year plan to reduce and finish tops, ufos and stash.  Bins and shelves will start to disappear from my studio and this unit can be moved to a different location.
This project below has not been shown for a while now.  Much progress has been made.  Will the end of April see the embroidery completed?  Only time will tell.
Meetings in the garage continue regardless if it raining, snowing or sun is shining.  We show up and have a blast!

Karin has been busy finishing rug hooking projects.  Can you see the cat?  Not the best photo with the light from behind her.
Barbara is sewing binding on a QOV quilt.  My embroidery project is what I brought with me to work on and you can see it on the bottom of this photo.
 Claudia made more log cabin blocks for this hanging.
Claudia also showed us the project she is taking with her to New Zealand (she is there now) for her vacation.

 Darlene is going to be a grandma and she showed us all the baby items she has made .... so far .....

So, now what should I work on?  This mess .... OMG!  How did this happen?  I do love my room with all these lovely mini quilts.  Made by friends from all over the world.  This mess needs to get sorted out lickety split so that when entering, my wall of art can be enjoyed for all to see.
On that note, have a great day!  LOL

Linking to:
http://www.esthersquiltblog.com/
http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Kyle said...

How great to be able to reclaim some of your sewing space again. It means you're definitely making progress on those UFO'S.

Jennifer said...

The biggest UFO is your sewing space itself, it seems! Just as well you found those two red and white projects or they might have disappeared forever.