Monday, April 8, 2019

Appliqueing away ...

This is what I'm working on right now.  Boredom is starting to set in and instead of starting a new project (and thus creating a new ufo in the process - LOL), I really should work on an old ufo.  This top is almost completed.  Just finishing up the applique in the borders is all that is needed.
There are 28 of those leaf units (and a gazillion circles) to do and if 4 get done per day, this top will be finished in a week from now. 

In order that this process doesn't become monotonous and becoming abandoned again, I'm playing a silly game.  I'm appliqueing my leaf units willy nilly along the four borders.  That way, the four borders will get done in a more interesting way and at the end, I will just need to fill in the gaps instead of doing one full border at a time.  Boring ..... 

To aid me in getting them done this way, all the areas where the leaves and circles are to go have already been marked.  That in itself was a tedious task, but so very helpful now.  Also, all the leaves have been prepped also.  Just more circles will need to be made.

So, this is what I will be working on this week.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

eloidastitches said...

The applique adds the perfect touch. It is going to be beautiful. Good luck sticking to your plan.

Nancy said...

Wow! This is a gorgeous quilt. I know it's a simple pattern but the colors and fabrics you've chosen give it so much interest and beauty. Your double sashing and then the applique around the edges are a perfect finish! I know what you mean about being bored or finding some parts of quilting monotonous. I feel that way when I have to repeat quilt parts with the same fabric, either pieced or applique. But for the good of the quilt....

Jennifer said...

You're right......working on a random border will be fun, and you will soon notice the gaps between leaves getting smaller!

Kyle said...

Any little mind game can work to get each of us through a part that seems to go on forever. The applique border is striking and will add so much to your quilt.

Mary said...

IT is wonderful and will be so worth a finish!

moosecraft said...

Love that border! The applique....the blue on green....awesome!