Wednesday, February 20, 2019

One of Two

I have two finishes for the year .... but will talk about just one today.  The one that the swan is sitting on.  Isn't that swan sweet or what!  It was bought at a yard sale for $2.00 a few years ago when I was down in Toronto visiting my friend Debra.  We were on our way to a quilt store and passed by a yard sale and we stopped.   The lady wanted $2.00 and that is what I paid.  There was no way I was going to haggle over that amount.  It made my day and it now graces my home!
Scrappy Churn Dash blocks and crazy blocks.  Made mostly from scraps.  I have seen these Churn Dash blocks on Pinterest and knew that I just had to make a few to help use up some scraps.  Toss in crazy blocks and a tiny wee dent was made in my scraps. 

 In this photo, you can see the bright fabrics that were used to give it zing.
This quilt didn't linger too long on my shelf.  It was started, made and finished ..... lickety-split!
Quilt Details:
Started:  January 8, 2019
Finished:  February 16, 2019
Size:  55-1/2" x 79" (top size before washing and drying:  58-1/4" x 82-1/2")
Batting:  80/20 cotton poly
Machine Quilted by:  Kat's Quilts

I'm having a great day!

Linking to:
http://www.esthersquiltblog.com/
http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's a fun idea! The scrappy blocks could be used in so many different designs, the centre of sawtooth stars is one that comes to mind.

Kyle said...

Your Crazy Churn Dash is super fun and filled with all those fabrics and colors. Glad you made a dent in those never ending scraps.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is a really pretty scrap quilt. I have filed this idea - I have a bunch of scraps to go through!

Andra Gayle said...

Gorgeous quilt! I am working on a scrappy one and my scrap bin is almost empty!!!

Vivian said...

Absolutely wonderful! And it was quick and used up scraps?!? A winner for sure!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Scored all round with that gorgeous swan and your wonderful use of scraps here!

eloidastitches said...

What a great way to use up those odd bits of scrap. Beautiful. Love you swan. What a great find.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

You really scored on that swan purchase! Love your scrappy quilt!

Marga (MarPie) said...

Okay I am not going to ask for the swan, it looks just right sitting there, but..... Iam in love with your quilt.
May I ask for the size of the block and the size of your crazy block, please? It will be my new snuggle onder quilt on the sofa.
Thank you in advance for your time and answer.
Warm regards from Holland,
Marga