Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Done, done, done!

OMG ..... can you see me doing the happy dance way up here?

Slowly, but surely, the applique borders were worked on and before I knew it ..... this was the last bit to do!
The top is DONE!  Started in July 2009.  This only took 10 years to finish, but who's counting!  Well .... me!   LOL
I'm so thrilled with how it turned out and so glad that I finally figured out my problem.  That applique stencil has been tucked away because I can see doing that again on another top.   Oh, happy, happy, happy!
  
Another  UFO crossed off the list.  Only 33 more to go .....
What else has been worked on?  The embroidery for this hanging is slowly coming along.
This is not my quilt.  It belongs to a 92 yr. old lady and I'm finishing it for her.  She can't quilt anymore and she can hardly see as well.  She has offered to pay for the hand quilting, but she won't be charged for it.  I just want to get it done for her to use and enjoy now.  There are just a few blocks to do and a bunch of cornerstones and then the outer border.
Oh, the weather.  Usually, I don't talk about the weather, but this year is an exception.  This photo is looking out at the amount of snow outside my studio window.  See the railing in the upper right side?
Where did it go?  There is about five to six feet of snow there right now.  We had our roof shovelled last week and the snow is piled up around the sides of our home.  Good thing we had that done because there is another foot of snow coming today and it is snowing as I write this post.
Groceries have been bought and this will be a good time to stay indoors and quilt away.

Have a great day!

Linking to:
http://www.esthersquiltblog.com/
http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh I love the way you showed how you laid out this border! I guess it was just waiting for you to figure it out and boy did you! It's a gorgeous border I can see why you want to use it again. I have such a problem posting on your blog I just can't when I view it thru Bloglovin so I have to search your blog thru google. But that is ok, I just have to tell you how I enjoy your blog.

Suzanne said...

The border is lovely and adds such a soft surrounding to the quilt. Thank you for the inspiration. I am always glad to find someone with as many UFOs as me! We WILL get them done! Suzanne

Nancy said...

Your finish is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I saw the red star -- beautiful -- but when I scrolled down and saw the whole quilt, it took my breath away. Just stunning!

Jennifer said...

Your quilt is so pretty! That quilt's owner will appreciate having it finished so it can be used. We can't begin to imagine so much snow......

Julie Fukuda said...

All that snow!!! A great reason to stay inside and finish off projects The border worked out perfectly.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on completing your beautiful quilt! And, kudos for hand-quilting the quilt for the 92 year old woman. What a sweet and loving gesture.

Kyle said...

A happy dance for sure. Your quilt is beautiful and the border is fabulous. You're so sweet to finish the quilt for your friend. Wow! so much snow!!!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Rose Marie! What a beautiful UFO finish you share with us today. I really had to hunt to figure out where that last block went, but then I see it's in the corners. WOW - what a labor of love. And woot woot to having two UFOs complete. Your embroidery piece looks gorgeous, and what a nice thoughtful person you are to finish that quilt for your elderly friend. Ugg, more snow. Just wondering where you are? We have been in the snow jet stream all year but have had a few breaks of warm days for melting. I'm in Wisconsin, and more than over this winter. ~smile~ Roseanne

eloidastitches said...

What a stunning finish!!! Absolutely Love it. I would certainly be tucking that border pattern away for further use as well. So kind of you to finish the quilting on the fan quilt. I am sure it will be SO appreciated. We have been getting hit with the snow as well, but not quite as bad as you. And like most everyone dealing with this winter, I am ready for it to be done. Stay warm.