Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Latest Happenings

Not too much in the way of quilting is getting done this week.

Instead, the paint brush has come out of hiding and that is keeping me busy.  Odds and ends around the house that has been on hold for a year or two or three.  What can I say.  I'm a quilter and that is what I prefer to be doing!  The reason for this surge of house work is that our friends from Australia are coming to spend a week with us in October.  They just can't see the same blue painter's tape around the house that was there three years ago. 🐱🐱

Still, I need to do some kind of hand work.  Why not some binding?  It is starting to cool down and having a quilt on my lap will keep me warm.  But first though, I am machine quilting the borders.  Stitch-in-the-ditch (SITD).  For some reason, when my quilts come back from the LAer, I like to SITD to finish them off.  I find the quilts look better.  The extra quilting helps to anchor the quilt.  Am I the only one that does this?
So, binding has finally been made for this quilt and as soon as the borders are done, the binding will be sewn on and I can spend time sewing the binding down and watching t.v. in the evenings.  This is a very large quilt and it will take me a few evenings, for sure.
Slowly, but surely, the applique on the borders is getting done on this top.
Next up is some more upholstery.  Between painting, some hand work and upholstery, I'm keeping myself busy and motivated.  Often times, I feel that not much gets done.  Browsing through my blog says otherwise.  Good thing my blog is there for me to see my progress through the years. 

Have a great day!

Linking to: http://estheraliu.blogspot.com/ and http://needleandthreadnetwork.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

julieQ said...

Sounds like you are getting a lot done! It is nice to have this visual record of what we have been up to, I agree!

Jennifer said...

You're right......at times it doesn't seem as though we accomplish much, but seeing it written down makes you realise just how much you have done. I am looking forward to our show and tell with all your new quilts!

Julie Fukuda said...

Preparing for guests doesn't happen that often here, so there is always a lot more than usual to do when it does. Hang in there and enjoy your guests.

Kyle said...

Having company is certainly a great motivator. Glad you're squeezing in some stitching time too.