Thursday, February 15, 2018

What to do?

What to do?  What to do?  What to do?  Decisions, decisions, decisions.  I'm playing the 'what if' game again with my snowball top.  Something different has been swirling around in my brain.

This appeals to me, but maybe three loops would be better on the ends and four loops on the longer sides?
 Or what about these loops on two corners or four corners?  Oh, decisions, decisions, decisions ....
"What if' my loops were slightly smaller ..... not so much 'in your face' size?  Since I have two of these rulers, the smaller loops were drawn onto paper and my vines pinned in place.
Can you see the difference on the left border?  Smaller is better.  The 'what if' game continues ......
Despite our cold, snowy weather, sewing in the garage still continues.  Not everyone can attend, but those that do go to the garage have a fun day.  After a sewing marathon in the garage last Friday and Saturday, 11 baby blankets were made for the NICU at our local hospital.  Darlene made 6 and I did 5.  We were determined to work entirely from our stash and that is a good thing.
Have a great stitching day!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Well......I don't know about you, but I like the corner loops! Well done on the baby blankets, they will be appreciated.

Teresa said...

I like the corner loops too. Congrats on getting so many baby quilts made.

Nancy said...

I love posts like this when quilters share their thoughts, decisions, and possibilities about quilts they're working on. It seems I'm often in the situation of deciding the next thing about a quilt -- block arrangement, layout of blocks, borders, etc. It's comforting to me to know that other quilters don't immediately know what's ideal for a quilt. Thank you!

Like your commenters above, I like the loops going around the corners. I think they would look great if they were the same size but not the same number of loops on sides and bottom. But you will know what's best!

Chookyblue...... said...

I like the look of the corner ones............