Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Rough times

In my studio!  A few hiccups dimmed my sewing progress the last few days.

Two of these QOV blocks gave me some grief.  It really does pay to read the instructions that came with the kit.  Luckily, there were enough batiks in my stash to rectify the issues on one block.  Anyway, these are done and ready to hand in at next night guild meeting.  That problem was resolved.  Yeah.
Then came the scroll work on my hexie top.  Wrong, wrong, wrong.  The two scrolls on the bottom left are supposed to be reversed.  AGHHHHHHH.
Cutting new scrolls and double and triple checking to make sure they were indeed reversed before cutting out.  That problem was also resolved.
Moving forward, the scroll borders are now done and the inner borders added.
 This medium blue fabric will be the outer borders.
This top is now finished, but I have to take a good photo of it.  Next post!

Today was supposed to be day guild meeting, but it was cancelled due to freezing drizzle.  It is nasty out there and I can hear neighbours scraping their windshields.  A good day to stay indoors and sew.

Have a great stitching day!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love your batik stars! The hexie project is finishing beautifully after your small setback.....it's very pretty.

Julie Fukuda said...

Creative problem-solving is something not everyone can do. You have managed to overcome all obstacles and deserve a big pat on the back!

Teresa said...

Oh my goodness, that scroll work is wonderful